Three-and-a-HALF!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Jackie boy, you turned three-and-a-half last month-no way, NO WAY!  You are just so much fun and so silly!  Some things I don’t want to forget about this age:

1.  Your imagination is running WILD!  Your favorite thing to do is pretend anything.  At bed time, you like to play mommy/daddy and baby lion/puppy/gamecock (switching it up where I’m the mommy, you’re the baby and I’m the baby, you’re the daddy), but you say that’s only a game for you and me.  Ok!  You also love to play the teacher game.  I’ll have to say this is my favorite.  When I get you from school, you always say you didn’t do anything and you didn’t play with anyone, but when we play this game, I learn everything about your day!  We go from circle time (even saying the Pledge!  LOVE IT!) to lunch time to nap and centers pretending all along the way.  Oh, it’s so fun!

2.  Speaking of school, you are LOVING it!  Most often you don’t want to leave when I get there.  I’m so happy that you love school (may it always be so!), but there is also a bit of me that’s sad that you’re not running to me with the big monkey hug anymore!

3.  You’re a good listener most of the time, but you can definitely test your limits, too.  1, 2, 3 works great for you.  We rarely get to three, or sometimes go straight to three!, but when we do, time-out works.  You do NOT like to be away from us.  When you don’t have your listening ears on, I sometimes lose my patience with you and I’m sorry.  I know you can see that I make mistakes, too, and I hope to teach you to be quick to apologize.  Thanks for helping me learn how to be a mommy! image4.  It’s so funny to watch your mannerisms and see daddy or me in them.  You pick up so much of what we do and say.  Sometimes I catch you mothering Sam and I try to watch without you noticing.  It’s so cute how you two interact-most of the time.  That Sam loves you SO much!! 

5.  You constantly melt my heart.  Just this morning-you came in our room a bit earlier than normal and snuggled up with me (LOVE THAT!!!!).  You were still for a few minutes and I pretended to still be sleeping.  You took my face in your hands, kissed me big, and then whispered, “You’re beautiful.  So beautiful.”  Wow.  I got the biggest smile on my face and opened my eyes to see you doing the same.  You’re amazing!

Daddy and I love you more than words can say, sweet boy, and we’re so thankful that you’re our three-and-a-half year old!  God is so good!

No comments: