Eight Months Old

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My sweet baby boy-happy eight month birthday!  Daddy sang you your Smash Cake song this morning-you loved it!-and to think it’s only four months until you dig in is crazy!  Where have these past eight months gone?!  I can tell you one thing for sure-they have been eight wonderful, joyful, and fulfilling months!imageThis past month you mastered crawling, and you can get anywhere you want to go FAST!  You can get yourself to sitting from any position, and you are pulling up on anything that’s your height!  One of my favorites is when I’m doing something in the kitchen and you grab my legs to pull up!  Seeing that sweet face looking up at me-I love it!image At one point a couple weeks ago when you learned to pull up, you didn’t yet know how to sit back down.  Well, you learned that pretty quickly and can stand up and sit down very easily now.  In fact, that’s one of your favorite things to do!  Daddy and I are so proud of the determination and perseverance you’re showing, little guy! image You’re still a really good eater which makes your mama so happy!  I’m doing my best to make sure you don’t end up a picky eater like me-so far, so good!  We’ve given you a big variety of fruits and vegetables, mixed and by themselves, and so far the only thing you’re not happy with is avocado.  We’ve given you a few cheerios to snack on while I prepare your food, and you’re not too sure about them yet.  You do a good job picking them up and putting them in your mouth, but most of the time you push them right back out with your tongue.  It’s as if you’re going to keep trying to see if the next one will taste any different!  You nurse every four hours-some of the sweetest times of the day for your mama!imageYou are a great little sleeper, sweet boy!  You wake up around 7:30 and go down about 7:30 with two to three naps in between.  You’re starting to shorten your early morning nap and then sleep from 12:30 to 2:30 and 4 or 4:30 to 6ish.  You’re usually awake when we put you down, so we have fun watching you on the monitor-you stand up and sit down over and over, you pull your froggy and blanket down to cuddle with, and sometimes you reach for the toys on your mobile.  But after a bit, you curl up and fall asleep.  You’re a Baby Wise baby!imageSo, sweet thing, that’s what you were up to in your seventh month!  I don’t want to forget anything about your babyhood-you’ve been nothing but a most wonderful gift from God!  I will kiss you and cuddle you and take in your sweet babyness every chance I have.  I don’t take you for granted and I pray over you each night-for your health, your heart, and even for your wife!  You’re the perfect little fit for your daddy and me, and we love you more than words can say!

Love,
Daddy and Mommy

No comments: