Eleven Months Old

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

With the Christmas Holiday and the fact that time is flying by, it really seems like I just wrote your ten month post!  And now here we are, one more month until your first birthday!  SO hard to believe!IMG_3508I can’t say enough about what a happy baby you continue to be!  You’re always smiling at us, and you laugh at most anything we do!  You’ve had a few rough days this month due to teething-you have two teeth now!-but with some extra hugs and some Motrin, you’ve handled that like a champ too!  Daddy taught you how to make that refreshing ‘Ahhh!’ after you take a drink, and it’s so funny and big boy like!imageThis past month you took your first steps and are now walking in spurts a good bit.  You walk further and further each day!  You still prefer to crawl, but I see that changing pretty quickly!  I LOVE the super excited look you get on your face when you know you’re walking! image imageYour schedule didn’t change too much this month-up between 7:00 and 7:30 to nurse, breakfast around 8:15, nap from 9:30 to 11:30, lunch at noon, nap from 2:00 to 4:00, a snack when you wake up-usually a cup of milk, dinner at 5:30, nurse at 7:00 and bedtime at 7:30.  Dr. Trey told us we could give you whole milk at eleven months, and that transition was pretty much a non-event for you.  So, no more formula-what a big boy!IMG_3546You don’t have any real words yet, but we can tell that you understand what we’re saying to you.  We’re teaching you one step directions-get the ball, clap your hands, sit down-and you usually respond correctly.  You also understand ‘no’, and it sometimes hurts your little feelings when we say it to you.  It’s sad to see you get upset, but it’s also good to see you learning and understanding!imageJack, you are a true blessing and a JOY!  You have been a gift from God from the very beginning, and your daddy and I are so thankful that you’re a part of our family!  I can’t wait to see what the last month of your first year has in store!  I’m going to soak up every minute of it, because even though I’ll always say it, I know you won’t be my little baby boy for long!

We love you more than words can say!
Daddy and Mommy

1 comment:

lsgrant said...

I can't believe how time is flying by! I remember waiting in the waiting room the day he was born! What a sweet nephew we have! We love him!!