Fifteen Months Old

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yep, already! Another month has come and gone, and we love you more than we ever have! Every time you do something new, I say that this is my favorite. Well, I’ve decided that just watching you grow and learn is my favorite! Being your mommy is my favorite! :)

I love all your little facial expressions and how daddy and I can get you to do your “Surprise!” face or smile in an instant. Really, all your daddy needs to do is look your way and your face lights up! Mine, too, buddy buddy!image This month you’ve started to have little fits if we aren’t outside when you want to be. Have I mentioned that you LOVE to be outside?! This new attitude is a first for our sweet boy, but Dr. Trey assured us that it is normal for your age, and to ignore it and you’ll learn that fits don’t get you what you want. It’s going to be hard to ignore your sweet little face, but daddy and I only want to do what’s best for you, sweet boy! Even so, when you pull it together, you still give us big hugs and kisses and the BEST smiles!imageJack, you’re ALL boy! You love to pick up sticks and pine cones and play yard chips and on and on! I know it’ll come, but your mommy is praying that you stay far away from bugs and lizards for a LONG time! I really don’t know what I’ll do the first time you say, “Mommy, look what I caught!!”. You’re doing good listening to what we tell you to do, so I’m hoping when I say, “Drop it outside!!” you’ll listen! :)image You are also fearless, which keeps daddy and me on our toes! I think all the exploring you do is what’s making you a trim, 25th percentile boy, because you do a great job eating! The only thing you still won’t eat is anything with marinara sauce. You love all vegetables, cheese, chicken, bananas, mac and cheese, sauce-free ravioli, yogurt, and applesauce to name a few.imageYour schedule hasn’t changed in a while, but I’m sure you’ll soon drop your morning nap. Right now-You wake at 7 and eat breakfast, nap from 9:30 to 11:30 (although sometimes you don’t go down until 10 or 10:15-see, I think you’re working on dropping this one), lunch at 11:30, nap from 2:00 to 4:00, dinner at 5:30, and bedtime at 7:30. It’s been the perfect routine for our family, and I think you’ve really benefited from your schedule-you always know what’s going to happen next!imageimageAnd because you know what’s coming up, our bedtime routine is one of my favorite times with you! Not because I’m putting you down-leaving you still makes me miss you (I know I’m sappy), but because it’s such a sweet time! When I get you on my lap, you rarely ever try to get off. You cuddle with me, read with me, talk to me, and listen to me sing to you. I get lots of kisses and hugs, too, which makes me want to sit and rock you all night! I pray with you, and most of the time you just try to clap my hands or push your hand through my folded hands. I know you’re listening though, and I can’t wait to one day hear your little voice in prayer! We then walk over to your crib and I put you down, and you always give me one more smile or put an arm up and open and close your tiny hand wanting me to pick you back up. I would do it every time if I didn’t know what’s best for you! Thank you, also, for being such a good sleeper. Your bedtime gives daddy and me time to spend together just the two of us, and that makes us better for each other and for you!image Jack, You are the happiest, sweetest little boy we know! Daddy and I still look at you and can’t believe that you’re ours! We’re so thankful! We love you more than words can say, little one! You make us so proud and so happy each day!'

We love you!
Daddy and Mommy

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

These posts always make me cry, each month that passes. You get me every time. :)

Jack is such a happy, well behaved little boy and it's all because he has parents like you and Mark. Yall have done such a fantastic job raising him! We love you all!