Twenty-Three Months Old

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Your last monthly post before I say that you’re two!  Man alive!  You are the funniest, sweetest, silliest little boy-daddy and I can’t get enough of you!imageYou say some of the funniest, most sincere things for a twenty-three month old.  Just this morning you said, “Mommy, you holdin’ Sam?  Got to be careful.  Not drop him.” Ha!  You check on Sam often and say, “Hey Sam.  Ok, Sam.” in such a sweet little sing-songy voice.  Now where did you pick that up from?!  You also answer our questions with “I did” or “I do” instead of yes, and it’s so cute!  When we ask if you slept well or had fun playing outside or whatever it may be, you say matter of factly-I did.imageimageYou’re very independent right now.  Most of the time you’ll say, “Jack do it, myself.” when doing things we used to help you with-the stairs, brushing your teeth, putting on your coat.  And you do not want us to cut any of your food.  You want everything to stay “big”.  If we do cut it (of course not thinking first!) you have a bit of a melt down-we’re good at putting it back together, though!imageimageThis past month you started sleeping in your big boy bed!  I really thought you’d be all over the bed like you were in the crib, and I thought the transition would be harder than it was, but you’ve done a great job!imageimageThe “why’s” have continued, and honestly, I still like it!  When you ask, you have a look of genuine interest on your face.  I try to give you answers you’ll really understand because you seem to have a good little memory and I want to be intentional when I teach you about this world-even when you’re asking me why there’s a life sized Cocky in a store front!  (Cocky is USC’s mascot for my Michigan family who may not know!) image image imageAnd your baby brother-oh, buddy do you love him!  You always ask about him, check on him, want to kiss him and hold him (and tell me you need to wash your hands first!) and are just so sweet to him!  You say, “Mommy, I be careful!”  We’re so proud of you, big brother! imageimageJack, thank you for being such a good boy!  Yes, you do still get put in time out, but even so, daddy and I can’t soak you in enough!  We talk about how funny you are all the time.  You’ll say or do something hilarious and daddy and I will catch eyes to make sure the other heard/saw you!  You bring us such joy!  You’ll never quite know how much we love you, but we’ll keep trying to show you each day! 

We love you, little one!
Daddy-D and Mommy-D

No comments: