Eleven Months Old

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sweet, sweet Pete, you’re eleven months old!  You are happy, happy, happy, and you make us smile all the time!image imageYou’re so excited about your speed crawling skills and don’t sit still too much right now.  You’re very cuddly, though.  When we’re playing on the floor, you’ll play with whatever has your attention but make sure to flash me a smile and a laugh every so often.  You’ll also come crawl in my lap and sit for a minute and then crawl away again.  I love it!image And this is how you crawl a lot of the time.  When you have something in your hand that you want to take with you, you crawl on the back of your hands instead.  Needless to say, those baby hands get a lot of kisses!image You continue to be a laid back little thing and are happy with whatever you’re given.  You would think that this paper calendar was the most interesting thing in the world!  You definitely preferred it to the camera!  It’s the simple things, right?imageYou have a handful of words so far.  Of course you still say daddy, momma, and Jack, but you also say bye-bye, bah-bah (bottle), nose (and can point to yours or ours), and ball.  You ‘talk’ all the time, and I just love to hear it!  You’re still a huge peek-a-boo fan, you love when we sing to you, and you LOVE to play with Jack!  You are all smiles.  Keep that attitude, sweet one-it’s better to go through life with rose colored glasses.image It seems that you’ve been a momma’s boy, but lately you’ve really wanted (and asked for!) your daddy.  You’ll reach out for him and give him the biggest hugs-melts my heart.  You’ll sit on his lap for long lengths of time just holding a toy and snuggling with him.  I guess you’re starting to pick up on the fact that Jack and I think he hung the moon.  He’s going to love you and protect you like no other-we’re so blessed that he’s ours, Sam!imageYou’re still mighty drooly.  You can soak a bib in no time flat.  You do have 8 teeth now, Jack had one at this age, so I guess it comes with the territory.  And this is the only sign of teething, so we’re very thankful that you’ve had it easy so far!imageYou eat everything that we do-even drinking whole milk now-and you LOVE. IT!  You’re even getting really good with fruits and I’m so excited about that!  (We still need to work on your brother.)  I’ll put your helping of food on your tray, and you dig in.  If we hand you anything after that, you look at us with such thankful eyes and then try that, too.  Your daddy calls you a chow hound. imageSpeaking of nicknames, Jack has come up with some good ones!  The first one he used (a while back) was Gee Gee.  He doesn’t say that much any more, but that’s led us to a few crazy ones.  His new favorite, though, is Ruff-a-lee.  Out of left field, I know!  One morning I found Jack in Sam’s crib and they were playing ‘puppy dogs’.  Maybe it came from Ruff Ruff?  Who knows, but we think it’s funny.  But, by far, he calls you his ‘brudder’  or Sam more than anything and even tells us your full name.imageSammy Lambs, you are joy, joy, joy!  Daddy and I thank the good Lord for you each and every day and continue to pray for your good health and happiness!  Happy Eleven Months, little one!

Side Note:  Your actual eleven month birthday slipped by without taking your calendar pictures.  I totally forgot about it until you were in bed.  What?!?!  I know, I hate it.  I realized that I hadn’t taken any pictures of you on this day.  So, I took my phone in to check on you and grabbed a couple 11 month birthday boy shots.  I love a sleeping baby!image

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

He is growing up so very fast! Love the big teethy smile. He's about to catch up with poor Kendall on the amount of teeth they have.:-)