Jack’s first dentist appointment

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This child far exceeded my expectations-but it didn’t start out so great. When we got to Dr. Hoffman’s office, I had to fill out new patient paperwork, and Jack wouldn’t get off of my lap. When Mandy called us back, he ducked his head into my shoulder and wouldn’t look up. We got to our room and I hopped into the chair. He wouldn’t even sit on my lap-he just hid behind the chair. Yay, at that point I thought we should just try again another time. But Mandy was prepared! image One by one, she pulled out each tool and let Jack play with them. She even let him squirt water across the room! And that’s when he totally relaxed. From then on, it was mouth-wide-open smooth sailing! He let her brush his teeth with toothpaste and the spinning brush, use the water sprayer and suction straw, and even let her floss his teeth-I haven’t even done that! imageWhen Dr. Hoffman came in to take a look, he opened wide and let him use the mirror and pointer thing. No cavities and all is well! imageDr. Hoffman had some very kind things to say about the new patient that almost made me cry. Needless to say, I’m so proud of our boy! Oh, and now he plays dentist-mask and all.

1 comment:

Denise Walker said...

I believe Mandy was really trained to handle kids and their first dental appointments. Good thing her technique worked on Jack. He must have had a blast while playing with the hygienist’s tools. Hahaha! Anyway, it’s nice to know that he didn’t have any cavities. I hope he continues that streak and that you aren't experiencing any trouble with his oral health. Take care!

Denise Walker @ Flushing Implant Cosmetic Dentist