Twenty-One Months Old

Saturday, November 20, 2010

My sweet little one, you're another month older already!  While I know that I'll blink my eyes and it'll be time to drop you off for your first day of kindergarten, you don't seem to be changing quite as much these days, and I'm so thankful for that!imageI know that when your baby brother is born next month, you'll seem huge to me, but for now I'm soaking up all the little babyness that I still see in you.imageI can never seem to put into words how amazing your daddy and I think you are-we're so thankful to be your parents!  You're funny, sweet, sometimes stubborn, silly, and so loving.  You say and do the funniest things and keep us laughing, little one!  If you’ve made a mess while eating or got out a lot of toys at once, you'll look at your food/toys and say, "I make a mess!" Sometimes you’ll look at me and say, "Clean it, mommy!"  That either means you want me to clean your hands or the table or that you want my help picking up your toys.  Either way, I think you've got a little of my 'clean-as-you-go' and 'everything-has-it's-place' mentality-yay!!imageYou are definitely all boy, and we’re really seeing your little imagination at work.  We love to watch you play and see what you come up with!  You love to play Cowboys and Indians, and when you 'get us', you come give us a kiss to 'wake us up'-and then get us all over again!  You still love to be a golfer and love the football, and you still love your books.  You love, love to play with your daddy, and the two of you are so funny!  Tonight, you were laughing so hard that you could hardly catch your breath!  Man alive, that melts my heart!! imageWe had your first parent-teacher conference a few weeks ago, and it went so well!  Among other things, Ms. Gayatri told me that you love to help clean up (yep-you love the vacuum and broom), love to play with the golf club and Hane on the playground (yep), and love to listen to the books in circle time (yep).  imageYou're the youngest in your class, so you're picking up on all sorts of new words from the older kids.  She said you're all in the 'mine' stage and that, as a class, you’re working on sharing.  We do that a good bit at home, too, to get you ready to share with your little brother!  She also said that if a classmate gets hurt and starts to cry, you go over and try to console them.  I love your tender little heart!imageWe haven't had to do much disciplining just yet, but when we do, time-outs seem to work.  You definitely don't like them, but after we've made you sit down for a minute, you're ready to hug and say sorry.  I'm sure we'll be practicing that more in the coming months, but that's to be expected, and we'll work through it together!imageEven though you're about to be a big brother, you'll always be my first t-tiny and the one who made us parents.  We love you to the moon and back and thank God for you each day!

We love you!
Daddy and Mommy

No comments: