This is how we started our day

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Instead of church and brunch, we started our day at the doctor’s office.  After playing hard all morning, Jack spiked a pretty high fever just after lunch yesterday.  I called the doctor and he said to alternate Tylenol and Motrin every three hours and come in in the morning.  Well, the medicine worked great-I took his temp again around four, it was 97.4, and he was back to eating and playing hard.  We went in this morning and left with three prescriptions and a follow up appointment on Tuesday.imageHaving a sick little one is such an uneasy feeling-I would take away any discomfort he’s feeling in a skinny minute if I could.  Thankfully, he doesn’t seem a bit bothered.  We think the medicine is actually making him even more silly!  We’re praying all checks out well come Tuesday morning!

Side note:  When I was putting Jack to bed tonight, he thanked God for Dr. Trey (our pediatrician) and Dr. Emery (the pediatrician on call) and said “thank you I didn’t push Dr. Emery (???) and I was a nice man when he looked in my ears.”  Yes buddy, I’m thankful you were a “nice man”, too!

1 comment:

Emerson and Brooks said...

I am so glad Jack is ok!!!!!