Grand Rapids-Day Three, My Birthday!!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day three in Michigan was extra special for me-it was my first birthday as a mom! I was sad not to be with Mark, but so happy to be able to spend the day with so much of my family!

Jack wanted to be all clean for my big day, so grandma helped give him a bath.
There was an ice cream social at my grandma and grandpa's, and Jack enjoyed checking everyone out. He started putting his thumb in his mouth four days ago, but now he's got it down.
We went to dinner to celebrate, and Jack was able to meet Uncle Jim and Aunt Gail-Max and Wes' grandparents. They had just come from visiting the boys!
We ended the day with my favorite-a cookie cake!
I had a really great day and loved spending it with my sweet little boy! I look forward to many more to come!

3 comments:

Doug said...

I'm calling dibs on any of cookie cake transported back to SC!

Amy said...

Love the Baby Legs! How fun is it that now you can monogram a onesie to match?!?!? Glad you had a wonderful birthday, and hope your flight back went as well as the first!

vaughnfamily said...

Can I come kidnap him? I want to squeeze him!