Sew Fun!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yep, cheesy title again, but it fits! I love my sewing machine and I LOVE to see what I can do with it.

Now that I've been sewing, I look at how things are made to see if I can make them. Take my favorite burp cloths for instance-given to Jack by MW and Matt {thanks again!}.I bought some burp cloths at Target, and some fabric and rick rack from the sewing center, and here you go! I wish I could have found smaller rick rack, but hey, it's used to wipe up baby drool, right?!Lillian had a great idea to use an old Lilly dress to make a cute burp cloth. I'm going to cut up some old Lilly pants and do the same thing! Thanks for the idea, Lillian!

I made two new bubbles for my boy,
monogrammed some towels for my mom, and monogrammed some bloomers for Reece. Like I said, I'm having sew much fun! :) Amy, thanks for getting me started!

1 comment:

Lillian Thomas said...

You are so talented, Michelle!! I've gotten the fabric cut out to make Laura's first bubble, but I'm too nervous to start sewing. (I'm waiting for my mom to get back into town!) I've been using her Baby Lock machine and have started doing some monogramming, and also just learned to applique! Your monogram's look great!