Our Weekend-this and that

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our weekend was full of fun, family play time and football watching! Jack started pulling up more and has kind of, sort of started to wave! He sticks his arm out and opens and closes his hand-we’re practicing!

We went to Hobby Lobby to get some inspiration for Jack’s first Halloween costume. Nothing yet, but I’m getting so excited about it! Mark says he has to be a ninja or a pirate, so we’ll see what we come up with.image

I bought this cute little bubble a few weeks ago. The label says it’s an 18 month, so I stuck it in his closet with all the other next season clothes. Well, I looked at it last week with next summer in mind, and I thought it looked pretty small. I put it on him last Sunday, and it fit! Actually the elastic around the legs is a little tight! He has to wear it more than once, so we put it on again today for church and some pictures. He’s wearing 6-9 month clothes right now, so I’m thinking it’s mislabeled. I’m going to try to redo the elastic to get a few more wears in-we’ll see!imageAmy let me borrow her baby food cookbook, so I made some sweet potatoes for the boy. It said I could steam and then just mash them, so that’s what I did. He did NOT like them! As a matter of fact, he gagged! Not willing to accept defeat, I made some broccoli and sweet potatoes and some pears. This time I pureed it, and he liked it! He’s doing great with all the different types of food, but maybe he has a texture issue like his mommy!image Aunt Linds and Uncle Ryan celebrated their one year wedding anniversary today-Happy Anniversary! We hope the cake was yummy!image

We hope you had a great weekend, too!

1 comment:

Wayne said...

You can tell Jack is planning his next phase of mobility.... Ready, Set, Explore.....