New York City!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mark and I just got back from a super fun Christmas trip to New York City!  It was such an amazing time in amazing city BEAUTIFULLY decorated for my favorite holiday!  We had a long list of things we wanted to see, places we wanted to go, and places we wanted to eat, so we made the most of our time there.  It was my first time leaving Jack over night and I knew it was going to be tough, but he was in great hands while we were gone-thank you grandparents!  We knew we had nothing to worry about back home!  My dad helped us keep up with him by sending pictures and videos on my phone!  I don’t know if I would have made it without those updates!

We got there on Thursday morning around 10, checked in, and hit the town!  It was COLD, so my camera didn’t come out often, but I did get some pictures.  We shopped for the boy, and I’ll tell you, that was one of my favorite parts of the trip!  Buying Christmas gifts for our son is a dream come true!imageWe took a carriage ride through Central Park, image and of course saw THE Tree!  Our hotel was only a couple blocks from Rockefeller Center, and across the street from the beautiful St. Patrick’s Cathedral, so we got to see it often!  The Tree is one of the big reasons why I wanted to come to New York during Christmastime!  We made it to the Top of the Rock to see the entire City and then had a drink at the Rink bar-basically sitting on ice level right by the gold statue of Prometheus..right under the Tree!!imageThen we got ready for dinner and a show-we saw Wicked, and it was SO good!  Radio City was right down the street from our hotel, too.  Notice how everything was decorated for Christmas-so pretty!! imageOn Friday morning, I met a friend who was in New York as well at The Today Show-thanks Kristi!  I am so easily star struck, and this was no different!  It was so neat to be so close to the people that I watch on TV each morning!  Here’s Matt and Meredith hard at work!  See the girl in the background waiting to be interviewed?  That’s one of the girls that claims to have had a relationship with Tiger. :(  We did the NBC Studio tour on Friday, and they said they change the color of the blocks to suit the mood they’re trying to set-this one was icy!!imageMe and Lenny!  He was so sweet!  He said he’s been coming each morning, Monday thru Saturday, for seventeen years.  He’s from the UK and is retired, so he said it’s just something to do!  He’s truly a part of the Today Show family-when Matt, Meredith, and Al came outside, they headed straight to Lenny to say hello and give him a hug and a kiss.  So neat!imageI called mom to tell her where I was standing and where to look for me on TV, and Al came by!  I asked him to say hi to mom on the phone, and he did!!!  I got to shake his hand, too!!  Again, I was star struck!  imageI went back to the hotel to get ready for the day, and we went out to explore the City!  It. was. COLD!!  Even the New York Stock Exchange had a pretty Christmas Tree!imageThe Flatiron BuildingimageThe Southside Seaport.  See the helicopter landing in the background?  Probably Donald Trump, right?!image The Plaza imageAnother look at THE Tree!  This was actually taken on my early morning walk to The Today Show, so that’s why there are no people out!imageWe watch The Food Network and Travel Channel a lot, so we had some small, local restaurants on our list.  Let me tell you, they did not disappoint!  We ate at Murray’s Bagels, Katz Deli, and Lombardi’s Pizza to name a few.  Lombardi’s is the oldest Pizzeria in America, and I will say it’s the BEST pizza I’ve ever had!

It was such a great trip and a great time just the two of us, but we sure missed our sweet boy and are glad to be home!

2 comments:

Kelli Staggs said...

I am SOOOO jealous! We got engaged under THE Tree, and there is something so amazing, special, and magical about THE City during Christmastime! So glad to hear that you had a great trip and returned home to sweet Jack safely :o)

Lindsey said...

What a place to be at Christmas time! Love the picture with Lenny! I can just hear your excited voice when they all came outside and you were able to take those pictures of Matt, Al and Meredith! Glad yall had fun and Jack (and Kendall) behaved for you! :)