Twenty Months Old

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wow!  That sounds so much older than nineteen months!  You just keep growing and changing, and you continue to amaze your daddy and me every day!  You’re the sweetest little thing and give the best tight hugs and baby kisses.  You often come up to us and say, “I hug” with your arms wide open!  Love it!  And you’ll even hug my belly when we point to it and tell you who’s in there.  The other night after you hugged my belly, you tried to push it up to me and said, “Mommy, you hug”.  We still don’t think you know there’s an actually baby in there, but it’s fun none the less!imageAs you can see from your 20 Month Old pictures, you are a golfer right now!  You tell us, “I golfer!  Daddy golfer!!  Jacky hit it!  Daddy hit it!”  As soon as you wake up, you look for your clubs, and you pretty much carry one-or more-around with you.  And your focus is intense!  It’s so cute to watch you keep your eye on the ball and swing at it until you hit it.  Once you do, you get so excited!!  Which of course makes us smile!  You also really like “footballp”, and you tell us when it’s on TV or when you want to “shrow it.”imageCheck out that face!  Persistence and focus are good qualities to have, so keep at it little one!image One of my most favorite things you’ve started doing this past month is having conversations with us.  You tell us what you did at school, what you want to eat-you tell us a lot!  Two recent conversations:  “I paint.  (Ms.) Guitry helped. (What did you paint, Jack?)  I paint paper.  Mess.  Guitry clean it!” and “Guitry said sit down.  I eat pizza, drink milk!  All gone!”imageI love it!  I’m so glad you like to tell us what you did at school, and I had to write it down.  I’m sure one day when I ask what you did at school or what you learned, you’ll say “nothing”, so I’m thankful you’re a chatter box now!imageYou say new words every day and will repeat most everything we ask you to say.  We love to hear you say elephant and octopus!  As we’re driving, you’ll tell us everything you see-bus, truck, car-and you tell us “I drive it!” while making the turning-the-steering-wheel-back-and-forth hand motion.  It’s the cutest thing!  You’re also talking a lot about your friends and your favorite things.  The other night as we started to pray, we were thanking God for daddy, and mommy, and Jack, and baby brother.  Then you stopped me and wanted to thank God for the vacuum and the airplane!  And you’ve asked to thank God for Uncle Doug (who’s always included anyway!!) and Hane and Lucy, too!  So sweet!image You still love to read and know exactly which book you’d like at the time.  Some favorites-your Bible, the Llama, Llama books, Pat the Bunny, and the Eric Carle books that let you match the words to the pictures.  You can’t do the matching part yet, but you love to tell us what each picture is!image You’re a great eater-most of the time (sometimes you’re just way too busy to bother eating)-and you’re pretty much done with your highchair.  You prefer to eat at the table and are just starting to ask to drink from a cup-not a sippy cup.  I’m not quite ready to move to that yet, buddy!  Where is my little t-tiny!?!image It’s no secret that you think you’re daddy is the coolest thing, and I hope I’m showing you that I do too!!  It absolutely melts my heart to watch your face light up when you see him, hear you say daddy with such excitement, and watch the two of you wrestle-although sometimes this scardy-cat mommy has to look away from the rough housing!  I guess I better get use to that, huh!?

You’re an absolute joy, Jack-a-Roo!  We’re so thankful for you and your good health and so thankful to be your daddy and mommy!

We love you more than words can say!
Daddy and Mommy

No comments: