Because he’s potty trained!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yep, he’s potty trained, and it’s bittersweet.  I really don’t mind changing diapers but I DO really mind how fast he’s growing up.  How can my first born be out of diapers?  But since that’s been my reality (for the past three or four weeks now-except for bedtime) we’re celebrating it.

Mark ordered some really fun big boy toys the other day and when Mr. Craig delivered the box, Jack was beside himself with excitement.  Mark took the box up to Jack’s room and locked the door to set it all up.imageHe could. not. wait!  If this is a preview of Christmas mornings to come, I can’t wait-it was so wonderful to make him so happy!imageMark finished up and I snuck in so I could see his reaction.  We let him in, and he was thrilled with his big boy presents!imageimageHe’s still a Dino Dan fan, so these ‘dino-walkies’ were right up his alley.imageI would say, though, that the cowboy gun was his favorite.  I mean, look at that smile!  We let him take his gun to bed with him, and after a bit of figuring it all out, he said, “This is pretty neat, huh, mom?  You wanna try?”  Oh, sweet boy, we think you’re pretty neat, too!image The tent was another big favorite.imageMan, he’s all boy, and I love every last bit of him!imageWe’re so proud of you, sweet boy!  We hope you enjoy your big boy toys, but even more, we hope you always know how happy you make us and how much we love you!image

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So cute! Love the tent, I think I'm going to get our boys one for Christmas. I think they'll love it... the gun too :)

Lindsey said...

Such a good reason for a celebration! Way to go Jack!