My beloved grandpa

Monday, March 5, 2012

My beloved grandpa.  I can’t find the words to do justice to the man he was and what he meant to me.  He was such a big influence in my life!  I do know that he is now perfectly healthy and enjoying the Glory of our Lord!

I’m so thankful for the example he was.  He loved my grandma with such an amazing, true, sweet love.  They grew up 264 steps, 13 houses, and 2 intersections from each other.  When we were talking about baby names before Jack was born, I asked grandpa what his favorite girl name was.  Without hesitation, he said, “Betty Lou.”  I asked one of my cousins what one of her last memories of grandpa was, and she said hearing him say, “You look nice, honey.”  Isn’t that sweet?!  From the many wonderful stories we always hear, he was an incredible father to his six children.  He and grandma showed them this great country and loved them dearly.  I just think they’re the cutest!  Especially mom in the green and Uncle Tim with no shoes on-in DC!image I’m thankful for all he taught me and the strong example of faith he was.  He always reminded me to say my prayers and that Jesus loves me.  I remember when Linds and I started to drive.  He’d tell us, “Lights on for safety!”  And he loved for me (or anyone!) to comb his hair.  I remember him asking me to save a dance for him at our wedding.  Oh, how special that was to me.  I remember telling him each time I was pregnant.  He was excited and then wanted to make sure that I was eating enough and getting enough rest.  Love him.image And I’m so very thankful that our boys were able to meet him and that Jack shares his name.  He called them his boy babies.  The smile he (and grandma!) got on his face when he saw them meant the world to me.  One of grandma and grandpa’s friends told me that Sam looks like grandpa.  I don’t know who he looks like, but that sure made me smile!image imageMy prayers are with grandma who was not only a loving wife to him, but also a devoted care taker over the last many years.  She’s an amazing woman and I love her so much.image I know the Heaven’s were singing.image

3 comments:

Hannah said...

oh no, i'm so so so sorry for your loss!

Lindsey said...

What an awesome post, sees! There's no way I could do one as good! I love the very last picture! Grandpa will be missed greatly and I love him dearly!

Erin said...

What a sweet tribute to your grandfather! So sorry for your loss, I know you'll cherish those pictures of him and your sweet boys forever