Fifteen Months Old

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Oh, Sweet Sam-no way!  It seems that I was just writing about your big brother being fifteen months old, and now here I am writing about you!  You turned another month older yesterday, right before our eyes!imageThere are so many things I love about this age, and you, my child, being the hilarious little guy that you are, make that list just grow and grow!  It’s not just momma and daddy that think so, your brother thinks you’re pretty great, too!imageJack wakes up and goes straight to your room still.  He wakes up before you do, so I started to lock your door so you could sleep until you were ready to wake up.  The past few days daddy and I have heard Jack crying outside your door because he can’t get in.  This morning he came in our room with tears and said, “Mommy, I NEED you to open Sam’s door!  I can’t get to him!”   And when we were in Grand Rapids and you were sleeping in the same room with me, I would hear, “AAAck, AAACK, AAAAACK!” as you were waking up.  I love it!  I hope this means you two will like sharing a room some day.  We’ll see!imageYou’re a big climber right now-Jack’s teaching you all his tricks!  You love the stairs and will try your best to get on top of anything.  You usually succeed!  You started really walking at the beginning of the month, and that gave you such confidence, so buddy, you are not scared (which kind of scares me sometimes!).image image imageimageSome of your favorites right now…you love, LOVE to play hide-and-seek, you wave to everyone (including the baby in the mirror when you catch your reflection!), you love books but prefer to flip through them right now instead of read each page, and love to be with your brother.  You might not always be playing with the same thing, but you make sure he’s near by!  You also love to get shoes, any shoes, and put them on your hands.  It’s too funny and kinda gross at the same time!image imageimage Two of the sweetest things you’re doing right now…First, when I sing to you, you clap for me when the song is over!  Buddy, that brings such a smile to my face!  You’re so easy to please!  And then when we ask for a hug, you’ll duck your head into our shoulder, give us a pat on the back, look up, and then dive into the other shoulder and give us another pat!  You’ll go back and forth a few times-it’s just the sweetest!!!imageYou have so many words and fun expressions-you make it so fun to just talk!  You’re first sentence was on the airplane on the way to GR.  You reached up to turn the reading light on and then looked at me and said, “Did it!”  I was so proud of you, buddy!  And then you did it over and over and over again.  Kept you busy for at least 15 minutes!  You also say “Bye bye, daddy” and “Nigh nigh, daddy!” which makes daddy melt every time!imageSpeaking of daddy, oooooh, you love to be with him!  If he’s holding you and I try to get you, you duck your head into his shoulder and whimper “no, no, no!”.  You love to be in his arms (me too!), and you love to cook with him.  When you spot him at the griddle, you ask “up, up!” and then you say “cook!” which means you want to watch what’s going on with a spatula in your hand!imageBaby boy, you’re such a blessing.  Your big ’ole smile, your go-with-the-flow personality, your amazing laugh, your new walking legs-you’re just one big blessing and we love you more than words can say!  God’s going to do big things with you!image

We love you, Sammy Lambs!
Daddy and Momma

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

So sweet! Time flies! We love you 15 month old Sam!