Blowing Rock

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Our little family headed up to the mountains Thursday afternoon for a fun weekend together.  After an uneventful ride, a quick stop at the grocery store,  and a slightly nerve-wracking drive up the mountain, we made it to our house.  How beautiful!imageSam thought the stone wall on our deck was a climbing wall.  Jack thought he’d try, too, and then they decided to combine forces.  Those boys-I like their optimism.  imageI couldn’t figure out how to expose my pictures correctly to get the beautiful sun and the rays coming through the clouds, so you’ll have to believe me when I say it was a sight to see!imageJack got Finn McMissile right before we got in the car (LOVES him!), so he brought Finn and the boat to the deck to play.  He probably could’ve stayed there the rest of the night.imageimageSam and I tried out the carrier we borrowed-thanks, Clark!  I thought he would like it, but don’t let this smile fool you.  He was in it for two minutes and then wanted out.  “Daddy!  Daddy!  Daddy!” he said.  imageA quick dinner, some US Open, and our first night was over.  So much fun to come!

No comments: