VBS

Thursday, June 7, 2012

We had Bible School at church this week, and it was so wonderful!  Our theme this year was ReNew-the Green VBS, so we learned about God’s Earth, how things grow, and how to take care of what we’ve been given.imageCourtney and I had a class of four-year-olds, but we were with the three-year-olds a lot of the day.  It was so nice to spend this time with Jack!  If he was in music or story time before my class, he’d keep a look-out for me.  When he saw me, he’d get the biggest smile on his face and then come sit right in my lap.  I know it’ll be too soon before he won’t want to do that anymore, so I ate it up.  I loved it.imageThe sad part-he cried each time we had to go to our own classes.  By the third day, though, he believed me when I told him we’d see each other again and went willingly with his class!imageAnd he had the cutest little class, too!  He played with Katherine, Mary Mac, Wylly, Henry, Sullivan, Anne Rhett, and Mac, just to name a few.  We’re so excited for all the good little influences he’ll grow up with!  He also had Mrs. Casey, which was GREAT!, and some really sweet youth helpers.  (Thanks for checking on him and for the great pictures, Clark!  I asked him if he was glad that you checked on him when he went to the playground, and he said, “Yea.  She made me feel better.”  Thank you!!)imageI think he did really great for his first year.  He learned some fun new songs, came home with some fun art projects, and learned more about God’s love!  It was a great week!imageI always think of Jack as such a big boy, but seeing him around those four and five-year-olds reminds me that he’s still a baby.  I love that reminder.

No comments: