Jack’s first day of KINDERGARTEN!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Oh my goodness, the day came.  Despite my pleas and desire for it not to, Jack was off to Kindergarten.  I was having a really hard time with it, but he was a champ!  He has to be to school by 8:00, so these pictures were actually taken after school-because that’s so early for us!imageWe packed his lunch the night before and laid out his clothes.  I had a good cry, prayed a lot, and then went to sleep.  We woke up EARLY, gave daddy, Sam, and Margaret kisses and hugs and they gave encouraging words, and then he and I hoped in the car to head to his first day.  It was crazy there!  All the mommas and little ones-most so excited!  Wanda met us at the Lower School and walked in with us.  Thanks for catching this picture!imageI wouldn’t let go of Jack’s hand, nor he mine, until we got to the double doors and we were forced to due to the crowd.  And wouldn’t you know it, he walked right in!  He has a history of not liking change or new situations like this, so I was so surprised and proud of him.  I was prepared for the worst.  He came back out for a picture by the bear cub sign, we hugged and kissed, and off he went.  And I lost it!!  Oh, goodness.  Our baby boy is in Kindergarten!  I sobbed in the parking lot-Wanda and Pam tried to help but then they started crying too!  I cried all the way home, and Mark and Sam met me at the door with tight, tight hugs-Sam pretty confused!  Of course I’m so grateful for Jack’s health and desire to learn.  I wouldn’t want it any other way!  It’s just a major milestone and one that came so fast.

So 3:00 finally came and he got in my car and it was the BEST to have him back with me!  He seems to be gone forever!  What a long day!!  So this is when we took those pictures up there.  Love that smiley face!  It was a good first day!  He wanted to take a picture with the Ninja Turtle nun chucks, and a video!, so that’s just what we did!  And then had his cookie chat!!  SOOOO proud of you, KINDERGARTENER!!

image

No comments: