Jack’s first snow!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Right after breakfast, we all bundled up to go play outside in the snow! It is so pretty out-what a treat for a Saturday!DSC03616image Jack reached down and touched the snow, and then gave his hand to me to wipe it off-too cold! And as I said, we’re not prepared for snow around here, so our poor little boy was without mittens! Don’t worry, we weren’t out there too long, and we were warming up his hands as we played!imageimageOur neighbor made a snow man, so we had to take a picture-who knows when we’ll see that again! And look at how much snow piled up! Mark said the total was eight and a half inches!imageDo you like his Southern style snow boots?! He has on his little red keds, ziploc bags secured by rubber bands over them, and then a pair of Mark’s socks over that! I think they turned out cute!!imageWe had so much fun playing!! I felt like I was at my grandparents’ playing Pie with dad, Linds, and Adam!image Surely a day we’ll always remember-we don’t see this often! image

5 comments:

Wayne said...

You forgot to do the Snow Angel.. another classic thing to do in the snow....Other than to wish it goes away soon.

Emerson and Brooks said...

I love the idea of the southern snow boots! Very creative- they actually look like cute little white winter boots from the pictures!

Lisi said...

Wow! You did get a lot of snow! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it!

Lindsey said...

I remember using ziploc bags at Grandma's. On our feet and hands!

Ruth said...

Sure was pretty looking from the inside out!! Jack looked like he had a great time.