Happy First Birthday to our sweet boy!!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to you!  Happy Birthday to you!! 
Happy BIRTHDAY dear Jack!  Happy Birthday to you!!

What a wonderful day!  I just told Mark I want to do it all over again!  After being emotional all week about my little boy’s first birthday, the day was here, and our Jack turned one!  We had a sweet morning as a family of three before our family and friends arrived to help us celebrate his birthday!  I couldn’t squeeze him, hug him, or kiss him enough, and I wanted to remember every part of this day, so naturally  my camera wasn’t too far from my side.  The exception-his party!  I didn’t take a single picture.  We had the wonderful Jordan and Landon Thompson on hand to capture it all, and I cannot wait to see and share the pictures! 

As for the rest of the day, here’s how it went.

The birthday boy woke up around 7:20, so we went in to get him and sing Happy Birthday!imageWe’ve never greeted him like that before, so he wasn’t sure about us-he laid back down and hid his face and then rolled back over with some smiles!image  Good morning ONE YEAR OLD!!imageAs I nursed him, I told him the story of his birth day.  I know he didn’t understand what I was saying, but it was fun for Mark and me to talk about what we were doing a year ago today and think back on what an amazing experience it all was!

We then gave him a little birthday present.  Guess what he wanted to play with-the bow and the paper!imageI’m big on traditions and am so sentimental, so I was trying to figure out something really special to get for his first birthday.  Well, it’s harder than I thought to come up with something like that for a boy (any suggestions??), but I was happy with what I came up with.  This little animal pull toy is all wood and has a classic, gender neutral look.  Plus he loves to drag things around right now, so this made him smile!  After he’s out grown it, my plan is to put it away for a long, long time and give it to his first born on his/her first birthday.  I know, I’m sappy!image imageAfter breakfast, we played for a bit, he went down for his morning nap, and Mark and I got ready for the day and did some last minute birthday party setting up.  We had SO much fun!  Thank you all for joining us to celebrate!  I’m anticipating a long First Birthday Party post coming soon!  When the party was over, Jack was ready for a nap!

He woke up, had some milk, and we opened the gifts his sweet family and friends brought to him.  Everyone was so kind and thoughtful, and we loved each gift!  Grandma and Grandpa Singer gave him his first Thomas the Train track set, so daddy immediately set that up-with Jack’s help!-and they had a fun time playing!imageimage In first birthday fashion, he ate dinner wearing his birthday bib and playing with his birthday balloon!  Mark tried to give him more of his smash cake, but he wasn’t interested.  Maybe he’ll have a not-so-sweet tooth like his daddy.imageimage We took him upstairs to clean up and get him jammies on, and he entertained us with a first birthday dance!  If we ask him to dance, he’ll always bounce up and down, but this one was different!  And this little clip does not do it justice!  We were cracking up, and he just kept doing it!  Maybe he knew it was his special day, and he just felt like letting loose!

Jack also celebrated his first birthday by cutting his third tooth!!  This one kind of snuck up on us because he didn’t seem too fussy like with numbers one and two.  It’s on the top right (stage right) next to what will be his two front teeth!

We had a great day celebrating this little boy and being with our family and friends-who are like family!  Thank you all for loving Jack and encouraging us as his parents!  It’s been the best year of our life!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

My turn to tear up! What a sweet and special post! I am glad we were there to celebrate such a special day!! You did an awesome job with the whole party! A day to remember for sure! :)

Kat said...

Happy 1st Birthday Jack!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the party- hope to see yall soon!