The Family Crib

Thursday, April 9, 2009

When we were still pregnant, my grandma told me about the One Year Crib that we have in our family. Being that it was in Michigan, I wasn't sure how we were going to get it here, but my wonderful family made it happen! They packed it up nicely and drove it down when they came in September for Lindsey and Ryan's wedding. Thanks grandma, Aunt Ruth, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Dan!

The bedding for it was in Tennessee with another one of my aunts, so she shipped it to us-thanks Aunt Betsy!-and the crib was complete!

Jack is the fourth generation to nap in the crib, and we figure it's atleast eighty years old. I love thinking about my great grandma laying my grandma down for her naps in the same crib that I lay my first born in. Grandma and I were just talking about it today. She has many fond memories of her aunts using it, using it with her six kids, and then her kids using it with her grandkids! We're so happy to be adding great-grandkids to that list!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's so very special! Emory also slept in a cradle that was my grandfather's and has been passed down from his siblings, all of their children, all grandkids (which is 30 as of now!) and now great grandchildren. It's so neat to carry on those traditions.

Michelle said...

I completely agree! I love the sentimental value!