Six Weeks Old

Friday, April 3, 2009

Really, we have a six week old? Yep, and we couldn't ask for a sweeter boy! You are all right, time continues to fly by, and we're trying to remember every minute of this little guy, because he's changing over night!

Jack,
You're getting good at smiling, and your favorite person to give those smiles to is your daddy! I understand, he makes me smile, too!! We're pretty lucky to have him around, huh?!?
At six weeks old, you continue to be a joy, joy, joy to your mommy and daddy! You've kept on your every three hour feeding schedule during the day, with one bottle of breast milk from daddy at your 7pm feeding. Your awake time is after the 7am feeding, and then you take cat naps most of the day with more awake time after the 7pm bottle.

You've continued to sleep through the night for a week now! Tonight will be the first night that we put you to bed in your crib after your 10pm feeding. I was talking to you about not being scared and how we're just in the other room, and here's the look you gave me..."Really mom, I can handle it. Can you?"
I think I can, but I know I'll miss those sweet little baby sounds you make in your sleep! I checked on you a couple minutes after we put you down, and you were sound asleep! Thanks for being such a great sleeper!Jack, you have fit right in with your daddy and me and added so much to our lives! We love to cuddle with you and just stare at that sweet baby face of yours. Daddy's new favorite thing is when you sneeze-you make this cute little sound after every sneeze! And I just love, love spending so much time with you! We talk, and sing-and of course eat and sleep-well you sleep, I sew!

We thank God for you every day and contine to pray for your health and happiness. We are so blessed to have been chosen to be your parents, and look forward to every new thing we learn about you!

We love you, Jack a Roo!
Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy (late) 6-week birthday, Jack! What a cutie you are!

Michelle said...

Thanks, Amy!!

Erica said...

He is already in his own crib and a good sleeper! What a blessing!