Jack's Baptism

Sunday, April 12, 2009

What a very special Easter Day! Jack became a member of Trinity Cathedral, and Episcopalian, and a Christian today as he received the Sacrament of Holy Baptism. This momma and daddy could not be more proud!

Dean Linder baptized him and Bishop Henderson annointed him with the holy oil. This was extra special for Mark and me-the Bishop confirmed us and the Dean married us!Jack, today, we promised to be responsible for seeing that you will be brought up in the Christian faith and life-with God's help. We, by our prayers and witness, will help you grow into the full stature of Christ-with God's help.Jack wore the Wiersma family baptismal gown. My great grandmother made it, my mom and her siblings wore it on their baptism days, and I wore it along with my sister and a number of our cousins on our baptism days. I would say atleast 20 babies have worn it. What do you think, grandma?
When mom and I were dressing him at church, all I could think of was my grandma doing the same thing with mom, and mom doing the same thing with me! I know, I'm super sentimental, but my family is very special to me, and it's important that we pass the love of family on to Jack.

After the service, we had everyone over to our house for a brunch in Jack's honor. It was a wonderful day and extra special sharing it with all of our family!
Jack is also blessed with wonderful Godparents in Mary Beth and Joey, and a super sweet Eva bug that loves him so much! Grandma and Grandpa Singer just got back from a vacation in the Carribean! Look at those tan faces!!Uncle Ryan and Aunt Linds love, love this boy!!I promise we had a full brunch, but how I managed to get a picture of only the sweets I'm not sure!Jack, today you were sealed by the Holy Spirit in Baptism and marked as Christ's own forever. The church welcomed you today, and "We receive you into the household of God. Confess the faith of Christ crucified, proclaim His resurrection, and share with us in His eternal priesthood." We love you so much, sweet boy!!
Thank you to all our family for making the drive to be with us on this very special day! You are all so important to us and to Jack!

No comments: