Callie and Chloe’s Barnyard Bash

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Callie-girl is big in our house.  I mean talking-about-her-being-his-wife kind of big!  The other night during our prayers, Jack asked if I would pray for big Callie.  I asked who big Callie was, and he said, “You know, my little Callie.  She’s gonna grow up to be my big Callie.  Then she’s gonna be my wife and I’m gonna kiss her.  Then she’s gonna give me my boy ring like daddy’s.  And it’s gonna be a circle cuz that’s easiest.”  Umm, ok.  So, Callie’s now spoken for, and now that’s documented for the future slide show! :)imageWhen we got the birthday invitation to the Barnyard Bash, there was a lot of excitement at the Thomas house!  He told me he was going to run up and kiss her when he saw her (despite me reminding him that we save our kisses for our family!), but he did this instead.  I guess he’s shy around his crush, which is fine by me-and I’m sure Vaughn, too!imageCallie and Chloe had some beautiful horses at their party, so Jack went for a ride.imageimageCallie and Boland did, too!imageSweet nine-day-old Anna West came to celebrate, and I pretty much wanted to snuggle her on up.imageBrooks, Jack, and Ellison worked on some cowboy crafts,imageimageand Emory and James had fun, too!imageWe sang to the birthday girls and they enjoyed yummy cupcakes.imageand then the great bee sting of 2012 happened and I stopped taking pictures!  Once I could tell he was totally fine (seriously, totally fine!), it started being a bit funny.  He was saying some really funny things.  When we got home, I quickly wrote about five things down before I forgot them.  My favorite, through sniffles, “Mom, that bee shoulda just shaked my hand and gave me a hug.”  Sweet boy!!

Thanks for having us to your Barnyard Bash, Callie and Chloe!  It was BEAUTIFUL out there, and your mommy did a really great job!!  Happy birthday to you two!imageimage

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love!! Thank you for coming, and I'm SO glad he was so brave after those bee stings!