First Bite!!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jack has been very interested in our food lately-watching us eat, reaching for our food-so as we let the pizza stone heat up for homemade pizza night, we thought we'd let Jack try some 'real' food for dinner! I've heard from other moms that the rice ceral can be pretty yucky so to put some sort of fruit in it. I found Rice Cereal with Mixed Fruit, so that's what we tried.

He surveyed the set up and saw three things-1. his bowl of food, 2. his mamma with the camera**, and 3. his daddy. What could be bad about this, right?image First bite--let's see...
image "Ugh! Seriously! This is what you guys eat all the time?!?!"imageimage I wanted to take a turn trying to feed him, too. "No, mamma! No more!"
imageimage image   So at 20 weeks and 1 day, about a week shy of five months, we tried real food for the first time. Obviously it wasn't a hit, so we'll try again some other time!!

**I'm still trying to figure out the best lighting to use indoors with a little squirmy worm, so unfortunetly these pictures aren't as clear as I would've liked them to be. If anyone has any suggestions about that, please let me know!

4 comments:

Wayne said...

I did not see either you or Mark trying the food first!!!
I bet if you did, you would make the same faces....

Anonymous said...

Isabelle never liked rice cereal but loves her oatmeal!!

jodilstarnes said...

Anna did not like it at first either, but she loves it now. I fed her in the bouncy seat at that age and just now at 6 months, I am using her high chair that reclines. She was wiggle worm in the bumbo too.

Emerson and Brooks said...

I am laughing out loud over here looking at Jack's first bites. Love the expressions. Priceless! He is so darn cute!