Six Months Old

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Half a year old already!?!? Unbelievable but true! Everything you’re doing now is my favorite, but I say that all the time! The truth is, being your mommy is my favorite! You are still the happiest and sweetest boy I know, and I’m so thankful that you’re mine! Picture 238

This past month you’ve really mastered sitting up. You can’t yet get to sitting by yourself, but you’re doing a great job at sitting up straight and staying that way for a good while.

You talk to us quite a bit, and we love it! You’re also very generous with your laughs, and that is quite possibly the sweetest sound I’ve ever heard!

You've started eating solid foods on a regular basis. So far you’ve had sweet potatoes, bananas, pears, and carrots, and you liked them all! You still nurse five times a day, but I think with the addition of food we’ll stretch your feedings to every four hours or so, so you’ll drop a feeding.

The minute you can get your hand on something, anything, it goes straight to your mouth, but we don’t see any teeth just yet. You also like to pat. My favorite is when you’re nursing and you pat my chest and play with my hands. That is such a special time for us!Picture 245

You still sleep great through the night, and the swaddle is all but gone! We did the one arm thing for a bit, but right now we loosely wrap you while you’re falling asleep, and before we know it, the blanket is completely off. You love to sleep on your side, and we often find you that way or on your tummy. No more sleeping on your back for you!Picture 244 It’s been a magical half year, sweet thing! We love, love, LOVE you-more than words can say!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: