Jack’s first trip to the beach

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mark is away at his annual golf trip with the guys, so Jack and I headed down to Charleston to spend the weekend with my family. Today, dad, Linds, Kendall, Jack and I went to the Isle of Palms for both babies’ first trip to the beach! It was drizzling a bit, pretty overcast, and windy, so we were only there for about fifteen minutes-enough time to dip his toes in, though! He wasn’t sure what to think of the soft sand at first, but once we got down closer to the shore, he had a good time!image imageimage His first steps into the ocean-with his grandpa!imageAunt Linds did a great job keeping Kendall dry and out of the wind! imageHeaded in with his mommy! imageimageHe actually went in further than I thought he would and splashed around a bit.imageHe sat down in the water and got all wet, so I took his shirt off. Poor baby- he was cold!image image imageimage imageEven though it was a short trip, it was a fun first trip to the beach! We can’t wait to go back and play with the beach toys grandma got for him!imageAnd by the way-Jack’s right front tooth broke through this weekend!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

We had so much fun today! Next time Kendall will get her toes wet too! :) xoxoxo

Amy said...

Looks like Jack enjoyed his first trip to the beach, despite the less than perfect weather! Just think how much fun he'll have on a warm, sunny day!! Hope yall are having fun in Charleston. Did you get to make it to the Shrimp & Grits sale??? I thougt about making a day trip, but it didn't happen. :( See you guys soon!

Brooke said...

I just came across your blog as I was loading a Feedjit since we both live in the Columbia area. I love Charleston!