Fox Tree Farm

Friday, October 14, 2011

Jack had his first field trip today, which also meant his first bus ride.  What?!  Yeah, there’s no way I was missing that!  We got on the ‘big yellow school bus’, buckled all the kids in, and were on our way.  They were all so excited-I think all 13 of them were squealing!  And their excitement was contagious.  I had the biggest smile on my face as I sat next to my big boy experiencing another first with him.imageWhen we got there, they all had a chance to sit on a horse, Jack wasn’t interested but Grace was!, and then we we on a hay ride.image image They played on the playground,imageplayed on the tractor,image imageand then we took some fun pretend-to-be-whatever-is-painted-on the display pictures.  He and Hane didn’t understand that you just need to put your head up to the hole, so we got chest up shots!image And then we struggled a bit getting out.imageBut he figured it out!image Of course the farm had plenty of animals roaming around, so next, we headed their direction.image image The donkey, sheep, and llama were mingling with the kids, and it was their lunch time.  Jack wasn’t sure at first, but then he decided to feed the llama.  He loves those books-I wonder if he thought he and the llama were friends?!image Our last stop was the big hay pile.  There were pumpkins hidden inside, so the kids got to dig through the hay to find one to take home.imageimageWe washed 13 little sets of hands and then headed back to the bus for some water and the trip back to school.image (random black and white photo, I know.  It’s terribly overexposed-this was the only way I could save it, and I thought it was too cute to delete!)

It was such a great trip for the kids, and I’m so thankful I was able to be with my boy.  I look forward to many more field trips with our sweet babies!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What great fun! You will remember this trip forever, Do you remember any of your field trips?

Haley said...

Michelle - those are great! Thanks for taking them!