Hilarious-just hilarious!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our boys-I just love ‘em. And the big one, he’s hilarious right now! I wish I could video him for a full day to catch all his funny mannerisms, the way he makes sense of things, his new jokes, the big words he uses that I didn’t even know he knew, the way he loves his brother and us-you know, the precious two-and-a-half year old that we think he is. Of course we’d see him disobeying and not always sharing, too, but his good far outweighs his not so good! imageimageJust before supper, we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.imageJack’s imagination started going wild! He was telling stories about castles and dragons and then he’d tell me he had a deal for me but he had to get the squirrels away first. He said, “Don’t worry mommy, I’ll protect you. They’re neeeeever gonna get you!” and then he’d describe how the squirrels “raaan away, up in the tree and they’re so high. Mommy, I needa go get the ladder so I can climb up there, too!”imageThen he called for his daddy and his best buddy Hane,imageand really got into character, strutting aroundimage imagetelling stories about Mortimer the Bear-a daddy bed-time favorite! I guess I caught him being scared of Mortimer and then Mortimer eating something?!?! Ha!image Here’s something that happens all the time that melts my heart-Jack will stop what he’s doing, go love on Sam, and then get right back to it. imageHe just checks on his little man and sometimes brings him a fun toy-like a cup.image He knows how to make his brother smile!imageimageimageI’ve been writing down some of the funny/sweet things Jack’s been saying over the last few months, and even though I’m sure they’re a thousand times more wonderful to us than anyone else, here are a few.

Super Sweet
+When I growed up, I gonna be daddy!
+I just gonna run to my daddy as fast as I can and hug him!
+Dear God, Thank you for my daddy, and mommy, and Sam, and Jack, and my green beans, and my sausage, and my cheese, and my milk, and my plate, and my…(when he prays before a meal, he thanks God for our family first and then he goes through everything that is in front of him. I love it!)
+Yes/No sir/ma’am. Please. Thank you. Your welcome. May I be excused? (He still has to be reminded a lot of the time to use his manners, but I love catching him doing it on his own!)
+My best buddy Hane. Hane-ers. (He almost never refers to him as just Hane.)
+When Mark says I love you to him, he frequently will hold up the "I love you" hand sign, too. It's the cutest thing watching Jack do that back. It's basically a stiff hand on an out-stretched arm with a couple fingers bent some how.imageThroughout the Day
+Singing “I like to move it, move it”, “Jesus loves me” and “Rise and Shine” (He calls that one ‘his’ song)
+Sam is just exercising! (When he saw Sam in his exersaucer one morning.)
+Hane is my best buddy. I gonna run up and hug him and we’re both gonna laugh!!
+Mommy, I looked ALL OVER for my yellow golf ball, and I couldn’t find it ANYWHERE! (Love the emphasis and the descriptive complete sentence!)
+I do./I don’t need to. (These are his usual responses instead of yes or no.)
+So mommy, whatcha want for dinner?
+I just gonna relax. I need to take privacy. I finished gonna potty, and my work here is done!
+We’re just havin a great time on our boat trip!
+I got-fer get my piggyback! (He says got-fer instead of forgot and piggyback instead of backpack! He’s not saying piggyback as much now, but he still says got-fer. It’s just too cute to correct right now! Is that bad?!)
imageimage At bed time
+I wanna do the one with Mortimer and Salazar in the woods with the computer and the pizza man, I wanna do that one. (First of all, his daddy comes up with super fun characters for super fun stories, and then when Jack picks the ones he wants, he basically tells the whole story and then wants us to tell it back to him.)
+When it’s time for me to leave at bed time, I’ll give him a two minute and then a one minute warning to let him know it’s coming. The other night I told him I had two minutes left and he said, “Yay, I know.” Ha!
+Mommy, don’t go anywhere! You have to watch me get my energy! (When it’s time for me to leave at bed time.)
+Don’t worry, I’ll scoot! (when I told him I had to go to my bed because there wasn’t enough room for me in his.)imageI could go on and on. This boy is hilarious, I’m tellin ya! And I love him to the moon! Oh, when I tell him that, EVERY TIME he says, “but I’ll fall off the moon.” and I always tell him that I’ll catch him, no matter what. I mean it, buddy. I love you!image

No comments: