Trick or Treat Parade

Monday, October 31, 2011

The boys had their trick or treat parade at school today-so. cute!  The courtyard was lined with moms and dads-with cameras!-waiting for the cuteness to start, and who did we see come first?  This sweet little one who, at first, was completely oblivious to the whole thing!imageHe caught my eye when they made the turn, and his face lit up-and my heart melted!imageHis teacher put his mask on for a picture.  It was hilarious!  I really never meant for him to wear it for real, just on his forehead.  He left it on for about two seconds and then he tore it off.  He didn’t mind it (didn’t notice it?) on his forehead, though!image Jack had the complete opposite reaction during his first parade.  I cried, too.  (Mom, do you remember the phone call you got after that parade?!  I felt like the worst mom EVER-leaving my crying baby all scared and overwhelmed!)  Last year wasn’t much better, and I have no pictures.  That should say something!imageThis year, though, he did better (I guess there was nowhere to go but up!)!  He was definitely looking for me, and he found me, so he came over and gave me a hug.imageThen, with a lot of encouragement, he continued to walk with his friends!  And he had fun!image image imageWe saw Snow White (Gussie), a cute little pig (Madge), Batman (Mac) and so many more!  They were all too, too cute!image They made the final turn of the parade, and Jack decided he was no longer loving it.  He detoured my way.imageSam?  Soaking it up! imageWhat a fun little treat on Halloween morning! 

1 comment:

Chollet said...

Michelle, Sam looks so grown up! My gosh. Glad he enjoyed his first parade! So cute. :)